Some have food but cannot eat. Some can eat but have no food. We have food and we can eat. Glory be to God, Amen!
When I was a pupil, my teacher would instruct my classmates and I to sing this song before taking lunch. So we would all stand in class when it’s lunch time to sing this song and then pray. It was a daily routine.
This song to me is a reminder that there are people out there who have food, but don’t have the health to enjoy it, or they have good health but no food. Yet in my case, i have both. So tell me, why won’t i be addicted to thanksgiving?
Without any doubt, God is the owner of all things. Psalm 24:1 attests to that. and it quotes,
“The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.
The world and all its people belong to him.”
8 The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.
If I were hungry, I would not tell you,
for all the world is mine and everything in it.
This shows that God doesn’t need our car, money etc. because he owns the world. But the only thing he needs from us is our thank you(psalm 50:14) because he can’t thank himself. Have you ever seen a man who says “thank you” to himself? I haven’t’ seen yet. Psalm 50:13
Do I eat the meat of bulls?
Do I drink the blood of goats?
14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God,
and keep the vows you made to the Most High.
Why do we give God thanks?
- We give God thanks/praise because he’s worthy of it (PSALM 145:3)
- We give him thanks/praise because that is why we were created (Isaiah 43:7. Matt 21:6) . The moment we relent in our duties, that moment, God will raise up stones to praise him. (Luke 19:40). Will you let this happen?
Benefits of thanksgiving
- God inhabits the praises/thanksgiving of his people. And divine presence is all we need to live a glorious and triumphant life. His presence makes all the difference.
- Thanksgiving/praise makes us enviable
- Thanksgiving/praise brings multiplication. It qualifies you for the next favor. Whenever we do a favor for someone, and the person out of negligence fails to appreciate what we’ve done, chances are we will not do any favors for that person next time. This is natural. Jesus thanked his father for the 5 loaves and 2 fish, and in a second it multiplied. When you give God thanks, he will be moved to do more for you. Therefore, thanksgiving in it sense is a benefit to us. According to Bishop David Oyedepo, “many Christians are grounded because they take God for granted.” Are you one of them?
King David, the man after God’s own heart praised and thanked his way into God’s heart. He was so addicted to thanksgiving. David prayed 3 times(psalm 55:17) and praised 7 times(psalm 119:164) in a day. Most people don’t even thank God at all. They wake up in the morning without appreciating the owner of their breath; all they do is complain. Can you see our ungrateful humans can be? Truth be told, God doesn’t answer to complaint but thanksgiving.
1 Corinthians 10:10 – Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
Instead of getting God’s attention when u murmur, you get destroyed by the destroyer.
Thanksgiving/praise are more powerful than prayer, because sometimes you can pray amiss, but can never praise or thank amiss. Thanksgiving/praise invokes the presence of God, but prayer doesn’t.
The force that has kept us from birth to this day deserves our utmost thank you. Get addicted to thanksgiving today. Let it be your lifestyle 🙂